Join Women Build
Build homes and hope with the Women Build team.
Our Women Build Program is back, growing in number and accepting new members! If YOU are interested in joining our Women Build team or learning more information about becoming a Women Build member, please contact (714) 434-6200 ext. 234 or WomenBuild@HabitatOC.org
Do you want to...
- Learn construction in a supportive and fun environment?
- Create new friendships?
- Learn new skills related to home maintenance?
- Be an inspiration for the other women in your life?
Then join with other women in building a better Orange County!
Women Build OC is a building club of women who believe in a world where everyone has a decent place to live. Women Build recruits, educates, and inspires women to build and advocate for simple, decent, and affordable housing in their communities. Women Build is not about excluding men, it's about empowering women so they can learn construction skills in a more supportive environment.
Get involved with OC Women Build:
- Get in the swing by attending a Women Build Leadership Team meeting. These are held on an as-needed basis. Want to come? E-mail the Women Build Leadership Team.
- Become a Volunteer. Follow these volunteer steps. Then navigate to Volunteer Hub, our online scheduling tool for volunteers, and indicate you are a "Women Build" member by selecting the "Women Build" category during registration. Already registered as a volunteer on Volunteer Hub, but forgot to select the "Women Build" category? Simply log into Volunteer Hub and edit your group statuses in "your account" settings.
- Learn new skills at one of Habitat OC's Lowe’s clinics. Although currently on hiatus, these are a great place to hone your home improvement skills. Please contact the Women Build Training Coordinator for more information.
- Construction just not your thing? Volunteer for a non-construction position as a Women Build member. Email our Women Build Coordinator for more information.
- Raise your fork and raise money for the Women Build Fund by attending a Women Build restaurant fundraiser. You'll learn when and where you can eat good food for a good cause.
Connect with Women Build OC on social media to find out about our upcoming events:
We'd rather build it than clean it!